When AEG, a leading sports and entertainment presenter, signed on to develop the $2.5 billion, one-of-a-kind entertainment campus in Los Angeles they committed to provide an unforgettable experience for its patrons. Knowing that an unforgettable experience doesn’t have to end when L.A. LIVE visitors leave the concert, convention or restaurant, AEG partnered with architect Gensler and Barry Designs to custom design two luxury hotels and high-end residences.
- This multi-use property was unique because it had to accommodate the J.W. Marriott and the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, as well as the Ritz-Carlton residences.
- Through interior design, each segment of the property had to represent their brand and provide the consistent experience their guests have come to expect.
- Simplifying installation, maintenance, and renovations for a 54-story facility were equally important in the product selection.
- AEG sought suppliers that could enhance the value of their investment and keep operating budgets in check without compromising the design vision, which is why AEG turned to Symmons Industries to provide bath fittings for the 1,000 room multi-use property.
- The installation of Symmons valves provided the opportunity for cost-effective and non-invasive renovations in the future using the trim replacement program.
- The showerheads were low flow with pressure compensating flow controls and specially engineered nozzles to provide a better shower experience at lower flow rates.
- “The simplicity of installing and maintaining one plumbing product was a clear way for AEG to add value to the building and keep the operating costs under control,” said John Coyle, Project Manager for AEG.
- In 2009 “Symmons was selected to provide the plumbing fittings for this multi-use property because their pressure balancing valve is compatible with any Symmons trim. Our designers and architects were able to use Symmons Design Studio™ to create customized bath fittings that reflect the style represented in each segment of the property,” said Coyle.