Aulani A Disney Resort and Spa
Ko Olina, Hawaii
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa at Ko Olina on the beautiful island of Oahu exemplifies the possibilities of using the Symmons Design Studio™. The look and feel of the property was important in the development, and décor was carefully selected to reflect the natural beauty of the Hawaiian island. Symmons worked with Disney’s Imagineering team to create products tailored to enhance the island theme and coordinate with the resort’s magnificent décor.
- Disney had a specific design concept and color scheme in mind for their new resort, making the product finish process, color tone and overall durability very important.
- The design team chose an Oil Rubbed Bronze finish for all Symmons products. An earth-tone finish was used to unify the colors of nature around and inside the resort.
- For 20 years, Disney has been installing the Symmons valve; in fact, it is specified in new resort construction.
- Using the Design Studio, Symmons created an Oil Rubbed Bronze kitchen and bath package that enabled Disney to streamline maintenance and customize products for each segment of their property in the style and finish they desired.
- In 2010, the property was outfitted with 4,200 Symmons products in Oil Rubbed Bronze from lavatory faucets and showers to kitchen and bar faucets.
- The collaboration of the U.S. Disney Imagineering team and the Symmons teams in Hawaii, Massachusetts, California and Florida ensured the success of the project.